What happens if my energy supplier goes bust?

It's natural to worry about where you stand if your energy supplier has ceased to trade.

The good news is, you don't need to!

Rest assured, data is still being collected for your EV charging costs but payments from Mina are currently paused until we receive a confirmation that you have been moved to a new energy provider.

What does this mean for you?

Sit tight. Energy regulator, Ofgem, will switch you to a “supplier of last resort” and any credit you have with your current energy provider will be transferred across.

Ofgem recommends customers:

  1. Take a meter reading

  2. Wait for Ofgem to swap you to a new provider

  3. Ask for the best deal when the provider contacts you

Next steps...

Once you have been moved suppliers, please let us know immediately so that we can update our records. We need you to send us your 'welcome pack' letter or a statement from your new supplier as these will have the required information which enables us to accurately pay for your EV charging costs.

Once you have this ready to send to us, email it over to support@mina.co.uk

Once we've updated our system with your new information, any money owed to your account for the cost of charging your EV at home, will be paid to your new supplier on the 15th of the following month. Regular monthly payments will then continue as normal.